Independent sales representatives say electrical distributors could be hurting their businesses by not accurately reporting movement of their inventories, creating an opportunity for competitors to steal market share.
A State of Point of Sales in 2014 report prepared for the National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (NEMRA) mirrors what sales representatives in the field are saying, confirming that point-of-sale (POS) issues relate to:
• information accuracy
• the level of geographic and product detail that is provided
• distributor reporting to the manufacturer as well as to the rep
• the lack of transparency in the information shared with the rep from the manufacturer
• differing formats for sending information to manufacturers, and
• timely receipt of information (to manufacturers from distributors and to reps from manufacturers) and commission payment.
Click Here to Read More